During the reception for Embracing Texture at the Norris Cultural Arts Center I received an honorable mention for Arctic Ice Sheet from the exhibit's judge Josephine Burke of Northern Illinois University Art Museum. I was part of a distinguished field of honorees and exhibiting artists for the juried show featuring Sue Anderson, Robert Wilson, Mars Patterson, Kenneth Kemp, Cheryl Holz, Joan Ladendorf, Nancy Rosenberg, and many more.
ArtBeat of Fox Valley published a nice piece on the show here:
The Norris Gallery will host “Embracing Texture” as its Winter 2023 public exhibit. The exhibit will be on public display Saturday, January 14, through Sunday, February 19, 2023. Gallery hours are 11 a.m. to 4 p.m., Thursday through Sunday. Admission is free.
Artists are invited to submit for judging as many as three original works in any 2D or 3D media that depict and/or incorporate texture. Entry deadline is November 1, 2022.
Submitted works must be original in concept and execution (no reproductions or giclees), and not previously displayed in the Norris Gallery.
Call The Norris for more information – 630-584-7200.
Norris Gallery committee invites artists to submit up to three original pieces for consideration in the winter juried show called Embracing Texture. Artists are invited to enter artwork such as but not limited to Collages, Assemblages, Fiber, Fabric, Embossing, Impasto Paintings, Ceramics, Sculpture, Jewelry.
- Entry deadline: Sunday, November 11, 2022
- Artists notified of status of entries: by end of November.
- Accepted work drop-off date: Monday, January 9, 2023 (schedule to be worked out with artists.
- ALL WORK MUST BE FOR SALE-Originals only-No reproductions or giclees
- Check Norris website for additional requirements- www.norrisculturalarts.com
- Show dates: January 14 through February 19, 2023 (gallery hours: Thursdays through Sundays, 11 am - 4 pm)
- Reception and awards presentation: Sunday, January 22, 2-4pm
- Work pick-up date: Monday, February 20, 2023 (schedule will be worked out with artists)
- All work must be able to be dropped off at the gallery.
Update December 1, 2022.
I received an acceptance letter in the mail today. The jurors selected "Arctic Ice Sheet" for the exhibit. Drop off is on Monday January 9 by appointment between noon and 4 pm.
I wasn't going to enter this show, but a lady I work with enters this show every year and she needs someone to deliver and pick up her artwork.
From the Norris Cultural Arts Center Call for Entries on EntryThingy:
""""""Norris Gallery committee invites artists to submit up to three original pieces for consideration in the winter juried show called Visual Harmony. Work in this juried show depicts patterns in nature, design, construction or wherever visual harmony is seen in our world.
Open to all media and content.
- Entry deadline: Monday, November 18, 2019
- A non-refundable entry fee of $30 is charged to each artist
- Artists notified of status of entries: by mid-December
- Accepted work drop-off date: Monday, January 6, 2020 (3 - 6 pm)
- Show dates: January 11 through February 16, 2020 (gallery hours: Wednesday - Sunday, 11 am - 4 pm)
- Reception and awards presentation: Sunday, January 26, 2020 (2 - 4 pm)
- Work pick-up date: Monday, February 17, 2020 (1 - 3 pm)""""""
I don't know what pieces the show in Woodstock will accept, so I picked these from what I have left over. They are not entirely a cohesive grouping, but whatever.
Julie Mars' current events, projects, & inspirations.