I admire Dorothy Bury Shaw a lot. She is a truly gracious and deep person and her artwork reflects that.
It was such a pleasure working on Dorothy's solo show at the Addison Center for the Arts in October 2022. Visitors had a lot of the same questions about her work. Dorothy answers them for us here.
The Norris Gallery will host “Embracing Texture” as its Winter 2023 public exhibit. The exhibit will be on public display Saturday, January 14, through Sunday, February 19, 2023. Gallery hours are 11 a.m. to 4 p.m., Thursday through Sunday. Admission is free.
Artists are invited to submit for judging as many as three original works in any 2D or 3D media that depict and/or incorporate texture. Entry deadline is November 1, 2022.
Submitted works must be original in concept and execution (no reproductions or giclees), and not previously displayed in the Norris Gallery.
Call The Norris for more information – 630-584-7200.
Norris Gallery committee invites artists to submit up to three original pieces for consideration in the winter juried show called Embracing Texture. Artists are invited to enter artwork such as but not limited to Collages, Assemblages, Fiber, Fabric, Embossing, Impasto Paintings, Ceramics, Sculpture, Jewelry.
- Entry deadline: Sunday, November 11, 2022
- Artists notified of status of entries: by end of November.
- Accepted work drop-off date: Monday, January 9, 2023 (schedule to be worked out with artists.
- ALL WORK MUST BE FOR SALE-Originals only-No reproductions or giclees
- Check Norris website for additional requirements- www.norrisculturalarts.com
- Show dates: January 14 through February 19, 2023 (gallery hours: Thursdays through Sundays, 11 am - 4 pm)
- Reception and awards presentation: Sunday, January 22, 2-4pm
- Work pick-up date: Monday, February 20, 2023 (schedule will be worked out with artists)
- All work must be able to be dropped off at the gallery.
Update December 1, 2022.
I received an acceptance letter in the mail today. The jurors selected "Arctic Ice Sheet" for the exhibit. Drop off is on Monday January 9 by appointment between noon and 4 pm.
Julie Mars' current events, projects, & inspirations.