I installed the installation I started in March this week. I wanted to make a time lapse video of the process to show how the piece grew out from the center. Unfortunately, I was just taking pictures from my phone without a fixed tripod and it is a mess. Rookie mistake. But I had fun making the video.
It all started with some ideas I was playing with from earlier blog posts-- "Lou. Eliasson. Biomorphic Studies" and "Corners". I worked out a beading algorithm that would start curling up as it expanded. I knew I wanted to do an installation that grew from the corner of the floor and decided to grow it using the digits of "e" assigned to cracks and planes of the walls. I wanted to get something that felt like it was growing rather than having to artificially decide where every piece went.
It's really late. I am going to throw some shots from today below and turn in. I did not use the number e for the smaller wall pieces. However, I will design a pattern using e for "Outgrowth 2", which I will start on after I finish taking pictures of OG1.
Added Sept. 19, 2020:
Julie Mars' current events, projects, & inspirations.